7.15.2010

Back...sort of.

Mixers at work.

It's been a month since my last post which is a long-ish break for me. I've been trying to not fall back into the habit of taking breaks for months at a time but sometimes it's hard when I feel like I don't have much to say. My own laziness perhaps. 

In other news, my parents went to Thailand for a much needed vacation and I am left all alone to deal with running the business. It's been a bit rough at times, seems like every day there is some new crisis or catastrophe that needs to be dealt with and although I always manage, I can't help but freak out for a split second before I deal with it. My second day alone and in charge started with me in the bathroom bawling after only 2 hours into the day! Well, maybe that was more the PMS kicking in. :) One more week to go, which I'm sure will just fly by.

Other than that, not much else going on. I think I may have bit off more than I can chew because now I have a ton of different personal projects I am behind on. I think I've been under a lot of stress lately so I've been trying to clear up some mental and emotional space. I think that will help with starting to do the things I need to do. A huge relief was admitting that I simply cannot get a website together and that I just need to suck it up and pay someone to do it for me. That was a huge weight off my shoulders, I mean, I literally felt a huge weight being lifted from me. Amazing. 

In other news, I'm still on my Campari kick from the last post although much less so. I've skipped the daily happy hours in favor of sporadic gatherings and occasional aperitifs. I just can handle my booze like I used to. In fact, I don't know how I handled it then! Anyway, tonight I'm hosting a little casual happy hour at home so that should be fun. I'll post pics after. 

Hope everyone is managing to stay cool!

No comments: