5.07.2010

week in review

What a week.

Two shoots nearly back to back which means that this weekend will be spent in front of a computer screen, the least fun part of taking pictures, in my opinion.

Also had an insane toothache which then lead to my very first root canal! I'll spare everyone the details but it was surprisingly much less painful than I thought, even less painful than a filling. Or maybe it was the 3 needles of Novocaine and the 800mg Motrin she prescribed me...either way, good times.

Saw the last showing of Dirty Hands. Almost fell asleep in the middle of it. Yayee for finally seeing it, boo to getting home so late and yet another consecutive night of 5 or less hours of sleep. I think I've slept a grand total of 12 hours this week. Such a bummer.

I am so looking forward to vegging out and going to bed early for once. A rockin' Friday night, I know. 

On the upside, this week I got my beloved D40 back from Nikon! I posted earlier that it had some issues out of the box, well it culminated with complete AF failure and was no longer being recognized as mounted. I haven't had time to test it since it's been back but it definitely looks a whole lot cleaner and they got it done fast. I mailed it on the 29th, they got it the next day, it sat in the El Segundo office over the weekend, and was on my doorstep by Wednesday! Less than a week turnaround including transit time, that is amazing! Let's just hope this is the last time the little guy makes that trek.

While on the photo track, my B+H shopping spree also arrived this week. My lovely and amazing friends got me a gift card for my birthday so I made out like a bandit, thanks guys! Picked up Manfrotto 055xprob legs with 498rc2 ball head, a wireless shutter release (radio not infrared!) and a sampling of 400 speed films for my new Diana Mini! Super excited to try out Kodak's BW400CN film - black and white film that can be developed in regular C-41 color process developer, so convenient!

055xprob legs. Check out the swinging center column!! Hot.

498rc2 ball head. Labeled degrees, separate pan lock and friction control knobs. Now if only they could fit a bubble level on there...

Wired/wireless shutter release. Doesn't need to be mounted on the hot shoe!!

Nothing beats developing your own film and making your own prints, but this is a close second when one is sans darkroom and wanting to shoot film. Illford color process films are also pretty nice, although a lot pricier than it's Kodak counterpart.

Ok, done geeking out now. I'll post pics once I get them developed.

No comments: