2.16.2010

Miss Van


I went to the Miss Van show at Merry Karnowsky Gallery this past weekend and it was great. I have been a long time fan of Miss Van and to finally see her work up close and in person only made me marvel even more at her talents. She has a great visual language that is so dark and distinctly feminine. There were two paintings that I absolutely adored but at $3200 a piece it was most definitely out of my price range. I did end up getting a print though (the last one! It felt strangely satisfying to see the woman walk over and put a red dot next to the wall tag) even though it too was a little pricey. It's the one pictured above. It's more tame than some of her other works but I love it. Show is up now until March 6th and also features work by Victor Castillo.

No comments: